Friday, January 3, 2014

Today a high of -5

8am-So I thought yesterday was cold....at least it warmed up yesterday to be above 0 at some point durning the day. Today's high is -5, and it was -11 when i woke up.
Having a car starter when you live in Vermont is a LUXURY, but today has proven to be too cold for even that to work.
Last year at this time I was  39weeks pregnant and waiting....... the week my little Sophia was born it was -15 to -20 everyday, durning the day!!
 I am not sure if you know this but I have horses, and let me say this it is a LOT of work to care for them in the winter. Everything is frozen, although we have a heater for our 100 gallon water tank, for some reason it was not in the tank until after the baby was born.
 When baby Sophia was coming, that wonderful 48hour labor I had, her sister Izzy was home caring for all the animals, 4 horses, 3 dogs, 2 cats while attending high school. She is a superstar!
So anyway, the freaking cold.........
I have a Bernese Mountain dog that would rather be inside in this weather.
this is Marshel in his 1st year, he is the cutest thing ever, he is now 4

I love Vermont don't get me wrong but I am not sure I signed up for this. Why can't Winter share more time with Summer, or Spring, or even Fall. Let's make things a little more even, what do you say?
At least we can look forward to the low tonight of -22 degrees
So on the agenda for me today....stay inside ;)
How do you deal with the cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment