Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Sophia

It is the eve of my 3rd daughter's 1st birthday.
something that I never thought I would be experiencing.

What a birth experience it was to bring you into this world, 48 hours of labor, with more then half of that HARD, HARD labor, posterior baby weighing 9.2lbs, I will spare you the details, but know this, it was not an easy task! Maybe you will be a good teenager, I will not hold my breath. lol

one year ago in January 2013, the weather was much like it is this week, -20 degrees for days.



               Oh how my life is different these days! 



My little Sophia, you have changed my world......for the better. You are like sunshine that everyone needs on that cloudy day. Everywhere you go you bring happiness to those you meet. You have a certain smile you share with strangers, it is the I LOVE MY LIFE SMILE !! 



Different then the I LOVE YOU sister smile you greet your sister with every morning or I LOVE YOU daddy smile when you peer over me in our bed to greet your dad's eyes!

This year has been a GREAT one, filed with such happiness. You are so close to walking, but your power crawling seems to suit you better at the moment. You do love pushing your little alligator thing around.
 You have started climbing, and this explains the two bruises you have already had on your face. 

You LOVE the dogs and cats, and I know if Scout is crying it is because you are dragging him by his tail, something that seems awful funny to you. Marshel tries so hard to be gentle with you, but when you weigh 100lbs and you have no control over yourself, it difficult not to knock you down. 
You love to eat, anything and everything, of course you do you are a Flint. I think the only thing you enjoy more then eating is feeding the two beasts, Marshel and Annie who eagerly await the food you drop (on purpose).


You are a beautiful baby girl, who really doesn't love to hug and kiss, but when you do want to snuggle you curl right up and hold on tight and I will stop anything to snuggle you back.  You are a total joker, hiding things and speed crawling to things you know you aren't suppose to touch...because when you get there all you do is laugh. You have a great laugh.
 You LOVE the bath, splashing all around. 
You hate your nails cut. You can now stand on your tip toes to try to peek into the draws that are off limits. You love tape, clear scotch tape, one of your favorite past time is pulling and pulling the tape out of the container. You DESPISE the car, you have been holding me hostage since your birth. I have to plan my day around when and who can drive me places, so I can sit in the back and entertain you, so sad for Sophia in the car. Traveling to NY with Amanda was a fun trip, two pukes three poops later........
You LOVE peek-a-boo, and just started playing back, you love the phone and pressing the buttons, you once called your oldest sister Sarah, we all miss her  oh and you have called 911, I probably shouldn't let you play with the phone anymore.  You absolutely love clapping your hands, and whenever anyone cheers you start to clap, must be from all the hockey games you have been to and watching your sister score!! You love to wave, which is super funny, arm twisting queen like wave... I tease you and say you are practicing for your royal days on the floats. You love to wave but you hate when people leave, you cry every time. 

You are a special little lady, and I am glad you choose me to be your mother.

Your sister Izzy once said, "If i am having a bad day, all i need is a Sophia smile"

Here is to another year of love and smiles


No comments:

Post a Comment