Friday, December 25, 2015

up-cycled Play Kitchen

Sophia is almost three and LOVES
 to play in the kitchen.
 She has a play kitchen that My dad made years ago for my older girls, it has two sinks and a big oven, we keep it outside on the deck. It is too big to bring inside my small house. Sophia asks to bring it in all the time but I could not figure out how to rearrange everything to make it fit in my small house. 

So I decided to make a new one.

I hunted for something to up-cycle 

here is what I found at the local Re-source store



Mr Scout approves 




I sanded it down and painted it white.



OK so I am not the neatest painter 

John cut the doors and I brought it all downstairs in the basement and painted everything again.



John cut out the circle for the sink

getting all together 


stained the top added the backsplash, legs and some bead board to the doors


attached the burners and added a curtain 









SHE LOVES IT!!!

The whole thing cost about $45.00
cabinet ..................................... $10.00
curtain rod ...................................$2.00
plywood, (for doors and inside shelf).......$2.50
hardware (screws, hinges, hooks).........$12.00
I had white paint...........................$0
faucet.........................................$15.00
(I could have found a cheaper one, i just didn't have time)
sink (I had a dog bowl)..........................$0
wood circles for the stove................$3.00
                                                     $44.50


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram 

1 comment:

  1. I visited many web pages except the audio quality for audio songs existing at this web page is genuinely marvelous.

    ReplyDelete